Recipe by mycuteboys
This recipe came from Giada De Laurentiis. Tried it and the dough came out perfect. Easy to handle and no shrinking. Once baked it's nice and crunchy. Gives a small dough but i am sure you can just double the recipe. Did use my bread machine to mix the ingredients, following the instruction still. This is now my basic pizza dough!
Top Review by Sweet Baboo
This is an excellent dough, adapted by my daughter-in-law for use in her pampered chef stoneware bar pan. She adds one tsp of sugar, increases the water to 3/4 cup, and the yeast to 2 1/4 tsp of bread machine yeast, leaving the other proportions of ingredients as written, and mixes the dough in her food processor, or Kitchen Aid mixer. After proofing for one hour, she bakes the dressed pizza at 470F. for 15 minutes. The resulting crust is crisp and has excellent flavour.
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the warm water and yeast in a small bowl to blend.
- Let stand until the yeast dissolves, about 5 minutes.
- Mix the flour and salt in a food processor to blend.
- Add in the oil.
- With the machine running, add the yeast mixture and blend just until the dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Transfer the dough to a large oiled bowl and turn the dough to coat with the oil.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm draft-free area until the dough doubles in volume, about 1 hour. Punch the down dough and form into a ball.
- The dough can be used immediately or stored airtight in the refrigerator for 1 day.