Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is even better served with ice cream (of course!). This makes a lot but is easily halved.
- 10 large peaches, skins removed and sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 5 tablespoons tapioca
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup cold margarine or 1 cup butter
- Mix the filling ingredients together and pour into a glass 9x13-inch (you may need a little larger pan if your peaches are huge--mine was right to the top though and did not overflow).
- Place all the ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Cut the margarine into the other ingredients to make it crumbly.
- Sprinkle over peaches.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until bubbly and brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream.
This was terrible!!! Was the tapioca supposed to melt and add thickness? It looked awful. Little white and brown beads in the bottom of the pan. and the top was mushy. I took this to a dinner and was totally embarassed.
This is really good, I used quick-cooking tapioca, increased the cinnamon and also added in 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, also I used half white and half brown sugar in the peach filling. Also I added in a teaspoon of cinnamon into the topping. thanks for sharing homegirl!...Kitten:)
Yummy, easy to make fresh tasting peach crisp. I cut the recipe in half used 4 large peaches that I bought at the farmers market,2/3 cup splenda,3 tablespoons tapioca and almost 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and then just cut the crisp recipe in half, This worked out VERY good and was enjoyed by all. I will be making this again as it is a very tasty recipe when peaches are in season. Thank you for posting the recipe.