Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Shira Scott: I love Passover brownies, even more than regular brownies. Not sure whether that's because of the taste or because they come with a cookbook full of memories. I've tried many recipes over the years and this one is by far the best....simple, yet delicious. It's good with meat or dairy meals. I top my brownie with a spoonful of homemade whipped cream (I use very little sugar in the cream since the brownies are sweet).
- 5 large eggs
- 591.47 ml sugar
- 295.73 ml oil
- 177.44 ml baking cocoa
- 295.73 ml passover cake crumbs (not matzoh meal)
- 236.59 ml chopped walnuts (optional)
- 59.14 ml chocolate chips, try white (optional)
- Ingredient should be "Passover cake meal." Walnuts and chips are both optional.
- Preheat oven to 350 degress.
- Beat eggs and sugar until pale and lemony (use mixer if possible).
- Beat in oil, cocoa, and cake meal. Blend well.
- Stir in walnuts or chocolate chips, if desired.
- Pour into one 8 X 12 or 9 X 13 pan (or two 8 or 9 inch square pans).
- Bake about 40 minutes. Be careful not to overbake
- Cool on rack.