No fail! Never undercook or overcook your eggs again. I came across this method in my search to avoid the ugly green cast that yolks take on when overcooked. Add on a couple minutes to soak time if you use Jumbo eggs.
- Put eggs in large pot.
- Cover with water so that there is at least an inch of water above the eggs.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Turn on heat (med high) and heat, uncovered, to a boil.
- If you have more than a single layer of eggs, you may want to stir them occasionally (gently!) while they heat.
- Once the water comes to a boil, watch your clock and let it boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove pot from the heat and cover with lid.
- Let sit, covered, for 11 minutes.
- Drain and cool eggs for 2 minutes in ice water.