Recipe by SueBelcher
I looked all through this site to find something new to do to my ham steak, and I was amazed that I didn't find something even similar to my own glaze. Just thought I would post it for you. It's mouth-watering good!
Top Review by AshleyMiranda
This was so yummy! I had a couple of ham steaks given to me and I'd been craving a nice holiday ham so I decided to glaze the steaks with this recipe and it hit the spot perfectly! I added some cloves and allspice just to give it a little extra kick and it came out just wonderful! I took the advice of some of the other reviewers and cooked the glaze on the stove before basting my ham steaks with it and it caramelized nicely. Very good!
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ham steak
Directions See How It's Made
- Wisk water and cornstartch together in a medium size bowl to prevent splashing.
- Add brown sugar, maple syrup, honey, and salt and stir until blended.
- Pour over ham steak and bake for 20 minutes.
- Slice ham, and spoon glaze from the bottom of the pan over slices.