Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I made this once to take up to my boyfriend's cottage, but we ate the whole thing almost right out of the oven. This is my very favourite baked treat.
- 78.07 ml butter or 78.07 ml margarine, softened
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 473.18 ml flour
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 118.29 ml milk or 118.29 ml soymilk
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 118.29 ml nuts or 118.29 ml chocolate chips (whatever) (optional)
- Mix sugar and butter.
- Stir in other dry ingredients.
- Mix with the rest of the ingredients.
- Put into sprayed 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch bread pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes at 350.
- This recipe is adapted from the PETA cookbook.
Scrumptious! This is the easiest banana bread recipe I have ever used. It took 5 minutes prep time and popped it in the oven. Great banana taste and not too sugary. I added another banana for super banana flavor.
I'm always looking for baked good recipes that do not contain eggs. (My son is allergic to milk, eggs, and peanuts.) This is the best egg-free banana bread recipe I've tried! I added chocolate chips (Yum!) and baked it for about 10 minutes longer than the recipe said.
I love this recipe - I increase the milk to 2/3 cup, makes the batter a little moister. We love it with chocolate chips. Such an easy recipe!