Recipe by Park Rangerette
This is not only extremely easy, but it is a perfect sauce. I rarely order alfredo in restaurants because I'm usually disappointed in the sauce, but this one is perfect every time. This recipe is the right amount for 12 oz. of fettuccini but it's also very good over a 20-oz. bag of frozen cheese tortillini. Don't forget the nutmeg -- it's a key ingredient!
- 1⁄3 lb prosciutto, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 pinches ground nutmeg
- black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a medium skillet or sauce pan over medium heat. Add the half & half and warm it up but don't let it boil.
- Once it's warm, turn the heat down to low and stir in the Parmesan cheese. Stir almost constantly until it is melted & smooth. Add the nutmeg & pepper.
- Remove from heat and stir in the prosciutto; pour over cooked pasta and toss.
- Note: Make sure you taste this before salting! The prosciutto and Parmesan already make it salty.