Top Review by Garlic Chick
Great! I've made this a couple of times and love how much body it has. I like to use oil and then needed to eliminate most of the water. I pressed my garlic clove and found this to have better flavor the next day. I will adapt this style of dressing to other ingredients - I'm very impressed! Thanks for posting.
- 1 tablespoon fruit pectin, powdered
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine pectin, sugar, mustard and pepper.
- Stir in water, vinegar and garlic. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Chill to store two or three days.
- Herbed Salad Dressing: Prepare as above, except add 1/8 teaspoon dried basil, crushed and 1/8 teaspoon paprika to the dry pectin mixture. Continue as directed.
- Parmesan Salad Dressing: Prepare as above, except add 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese and 1/4 tsp. dried oregano, crushed to the dry pectin mixture. Continue as directed.
- Creamy Onion Dressing: Prepare as above except increase the sugar to 1 tablespoon and stir in 1/4 cup sliced green onion and 1/4 cup plain Low-Fat yogurt with the water. Continue as directed.