Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix the meats, bread crumbs, egg, oregano leaves, salt and half of the tomato sauce.
- Press the mixture evenly against the bottom and sides of an ungreased 10-inch pie pan.
- Sprinkle the mushrooms and olives in the meat line pan then pour the remaining tomato sauce over the vegetables.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
- The pepperoni gives a red-flecked appearance to the meat.
- Sprinkle the pie with the shredded cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes then cut into 6 wedges.
- NOTE: If a 10-inch pie pan is not available, use a 9-inch one but put a pan under it to catch the run off of juices.
- Also you can use an 8 oz can of cut green beans or whole kernel corn in place of the mushrooms if desired.
I used ground sausage instead of beef, and I didn't have any olives on hand so I added in some chopped tomatoes. It did taste like pizza, but nobody in my house was too impressed with it. (I'm not giving stars since I changed the main ingredient- that seems fair to me, as my impression could have been different if made as written!)
This tastes just like pizza! What a great recipe! Thanks so much :)
Very good recipe, especially for anyone on a low carbohydrate diet. This was pizza with out the crust. I added a step of draining the grease off after 20 min of cooking, and before putting back in the oven I added a layer of pepperoni on top, cooked another 5 min or until pepperoni's started to get crispy, and then added the cheese. Very easy preparation.