Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious healthy addition to any meal or a guiltless nutrient dense snack to tide you over until the next one. Everytime I heat this up at work people come by my office to comment on how good it smells. A cook made this for me while I was in Jamaica and it was so delicious, I had to share! He added chicken strips and probably a lot more olive oil, but I like to make it this way since I can eat about half of this in a sitting and not feel any guilt.
- 1⁄2 head cabbage (about 8 cups sliced)
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh coursely ground black pepper (course makes a big difference!)
- Heat olive oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat (use one that has a lid).
- Slice cabbage into 1/4"-1/2" thick strips (cut long strips in half if desired). Slice onion at about the same thickness. Very thinly slice red and green peppers into strips (as thin as you can get them).
- Add vegetables to skillet.
- Season with salt and course ground black pepper (start with less and season to taste, good pepper really makes a difference in this dish).
- Cook covered over medium heat for about 25-35 minutes, uncovering once cabbage has softened and stirring every 5-10 minutes until slightly golden brown.
I wanted to try something new with cabbage and peppers and found this! So easy and tasty! I also added carrots and used red, orange and yellow peppers instead of green. It also took only 10 15 to finish cooking. Yum! Try it with a dash of garlic salt.