Recipe by Mama_Jennie
This is a delicious snack or light lunch. You can add more toppings such as mushrooms, onions, peppers, olives, etc. but just keep in mind that these are a little smaller than a standard muffin.
Top Review by Wineaux
After reading the other reviews, I decided to use my own method of cooking these popovers and it worked out great! Preheat oven to 450 degrees, spray popover pan with cooking spray and put a few drops of oil in the bottom of each cup. When oven has preheated, place the EMPTY pan inside and let it get hot. Remove pan and fill each cup 1/2 full of prepared batter. Bake at 20 minutes at 450. Reduce heat to 350 and bake another 20 minutes. Remove popovers from oven and cut a slit in the top of each so steam can escape. Serve with marinara sauce. PERFECT! Thanks for the great recipe!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder (add more if you're a garlic lover)
- 2 tablespoons chopped pepperoni
- 1⁄2 cup shredded provolone cheese or 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup marinara sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F Using cooking spray coat muffin pan bottom & sides.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat eggs, milk & oil with whisk until combined.
- Add flour, basil, oregano & garlic powder. Beat until well combined. Stir in pepperoni.
- Fill prepared muffin pan HALF full of batter. Bake at 400 F for about 20 minutes or until popovers appear dry.
- Remove from oven and add a teaspoon to tablespoon of marinara sauce on the top of each popover. Sprinkle cheese and bake for an additional 5 minutes longer.
- Remove from pan & serve. Enjoy!