Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick and inexpensive pasta dish. I have never made it for anyone else so it could just be my taste but I think it has a good flavor to it. If you dont have the pepperchinis (they come in a jar)then you can always sub with the pepper rings; hot or mild. (they also come in a jar) The amount of heat/flavor you want will determine the amount of peppers you use. I used 1/2cup. I never salt this dish as the peppers give it enough.
- 2 cups linguine or 2 cups pasta, of choice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pepperoncini peppers or 1⁄2 cup pepper rings
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepperoncini pepper juice, from pepper jar that peppers were in. (optional)
- cook pasta according to directions on box.
- in a separate saute pan; heat all other ingredients until very warm; not wilted.
- drain pasta and toss with sauteed mixture.
- if pressed for time/space you can just toss pasta with other ingredients without warming the pepper mixture; the heat from the noodles will warm them up.
- serve with good bread.