1/2 Photos of Peppermint Twist Kisses
Bonnie G #2's Note:
Found this recipe in a Taste of Home Magazine and made for my Holiday Cookie Tray. They look cute with lots of color, fairly easy to make, and the taste of peppermint and chocolate - what more could you want!! If you decide to try this I hope you enjoy as much as I did. Preparation time does not include chilling time
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- 2Add the egg yolk and extracts; mix well.
- 3Combine flour and salt.
- 4Gradually add to creamed mixture.
- 5Divide dough in half; tint one portion red.
- 6Divide each into four portions.
- 7Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 8Shape each portion into a 9-inch log.
- 9Place one red log next to one white log.
- 10twist gently to create one swirled roll.
- 11Roll gently until roll becomes one log.
- 12Repeat with remaining dough.
- 13Cut each log into nine slices.
- 14Roll each into a ball.
- 15Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 16Flatten slightly with a glass.
- 17Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes until edges are lighthly browned.
- 18Press chocolate kisses into the center of warm cookies.
- 19Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 20Yields about 3 dozen cookies.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppermint Twist Kisses
Serving Size: 1 (526 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 70.8
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 13.0 mg
- Sodium 38.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 0.8 g