Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe years ago from a cookbook.
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons powdered cocoa mix
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 ounces unflavored gelatin
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2⁄3 cup peppermint candy, broke
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Heat oven to 375.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar, instant cocoa mix, and butter.
- Press into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake 6-8 minutes.
- Beat egg yolks, and sugar, cook till like custard texture.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Add gelatin to 1 tablespoon cold water.
- Add 3 tablespoons boiling water.
- Add disolved gelatin and peppermint flavoring to egg whites and beat.
- Add candy, almonds, into custard.
- Add custard and cream to beat egg whites and fold.
- Pour into a dish and chill.