Recipe by Ashbabe
I absolutely fell in love with peppermint mocha coffee mate, but since it's only a seasonal flavor I was having major withdrawals when I couldn't find it.. so I set myself on the task of creating the perfect copycat.. and here it is :)
Top Review by adopt a greyhound
I have started using Recipe #56460 for the syrup just use peppermint extract for the vanilla. I have made this many times since my first post. I found that if you put the white choc. chips in a small amount of 1/2 and 1/2 and when melted then add the remaining 1/2 and 1/2 plus the peppermint syrup. It works much better. LOVE THIS RECIPE. I made this as written and it is very good, but I will add more syrup on the next batch as I like mint flavoring. I used a white mint chocolate chip that had sprinkles on it and that turned the creamer pink. Didn't affect the drinks though, and will be making this all the time. Thanks for finding and posting the recipe.
- 1 pint fat-free half-and-half (or regular, but I like the fat free, lol)
- 1⁄4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄8 cup peppermint syrup (I got mine at Starbucks for about $6)
Directions See How It's Made
- pour the half and half into a medium saucepan.
- stir chocolate chips into the pan.
- turn the heat onto medium-low and melt the chocolate into the half and half.
- DO NOT LET THIS BOIL.
- Once the chocolate is melted turn the heat off.
- give it a good stir and mix in the peppermint syrup.
- Store in a container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks :) (but it never lasts that long, lol).