3 hrs 30 mins
Very good in a cup of Hot chocolate which with the weird weather i'm thinking about even in May. Not a quick and easy recipe but sooo much better than store bought marshmallows and not difficult at all.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Into a small bowl, sift together the confectioners sugar and the cornstarch; line a 13X9 inch baking pan with non stick foil and spray foil with non stick cooking spray; sift 2 tablespoons of the sugar/cornstarch mixture into the pan, tilting to coat the pan; set the rest of the mixture aside for later.
- 2Place 2/3 cup water in a large bowl; sprinkle with gelatin; let soften for five minutes.
- 3In a medium heavy bottomed saucepan, heat sugar, corn syrup, candy pieces and salt over medium heat until sugar and candy pieces are dissolved, stirring occasionally; slowly mix into bowl with gelatin.
- 4Beat gelatin/sugar mixture on high speed with electric beater until light and fluffy, about 15 minutes; spread into prepared pan and smooth top; dust with 2 tablespoons of the reserved sugar/cornstarch mixture and let set at room temperature for 2 hours.
- 5Lift marshmallow block from pan using foil; with a wet knife, cut into six squares.
- 6Spread remaining sugar/cornstarch mixture onto a baking sheet; invert marshmallow blocks onto baking sheet and cut each square into 9 smaller squares.
- 7Toss marshmallows in sugar/cornstarch mixture ans set on a pan to set for an additional hour; store loosely covered at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppermint Marshmallows
Serving Size: 1 (612 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 39.2
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: