Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Pretty in pink: Creamy peppermint fluff in a rich layer of chocolate and chocolate-cookie crust! Yum!!!!! Note** Plan ahead. Bars need 4 hours to set up.
- 2 cups finely crushed chocolate wafer cookies
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- red food coloring (optional)
- 2⁄3 cup coarsely crushed peppermint candy cane, plus additional for garnish
- In a medium bowl, combine crushed chocolate wafer cookies, melted butter and sugar. Press mixture into bottom of an ungreased 13 x 9-in baking pan; set aside.
- Chocolate Layer:.
- In a saucepan, melt chocolate chips and 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream, stirring occasionally. Pour chocolate mixture over crust and spread evenly to cover. Place in freezer for 20-25 minutes.
- Peppermint Filling:.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer set on medium-high, whip remaining 1 1/2 cup heavy cream until thick and fluffy; set aside.
- In another bowl beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add peppermint extract, confectioners' sugar, and if desired a few drops of red food coloring. Beat until mixture is smooth. Stir in crushed peppermint candy canes. Fold in whipped cream until just mixed. Spread evenly over chocolate layer. Sprinkle with more crushed candy canes if desired.
- Cover pan and freeze for 4 hours.
- This dessert can be served at room temperature or frozen. If desired, garnish each square with a peppermint candy.
Made this in 2006 for family cabin christmas with a brownie "black bottom" from an old Colcolate Chocolate Chocolate cookbook. It is amazing.
darlene made for ladies aid she said it took alot of time but pretty and good dec 9 2004 callec it candy cane dessert squares place candy in mesh strainer to remove big pieces
what a wonderful heavenly dessert, I made as stated but omitted the food coloring and crushed peppermint candy canes next time I make it for the holidays I will defenitaly add them in, I made mine in an 11 x 7-inch pan, I will try the 13 x 9 next time, thank you for posting this wonderful holiday dessert kittycat mom!