4 hrs 30 mins
Pretty in pink: Creamy peppermint fluff in a rich layer of chocolate and chocolate-cookie crust! Yum!!!!! Note** Plan ahead. Bars need 4 hours to set up.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups finely crushed chocolate wafer cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- red food coloring (optional)
- 2/3 cup coarsely crushed peppermint candy cane, plus additional for garnish
- 2In a medium bowl, combine crushed chocolate wafer cookies, melted butter and sugar. Press mixture into bottom of an ungreased 13 x 9-in baking pan; set aside.
- 3Chocolate Layer:.
- 4In a saucepan, melt chocolate chips and 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream, stirring occasionally. Pour chocolate mixture over crust and spread evenly to cover. Place in freezer for 20-25 minutes.
- 5Peppermint Filling:.
- 6In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer set on medium-high, whip remaining 1 1/2 cup heavy cream until thick and fluffy; set aside.
- 7In another bowl beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add peppermint extract, confectioners' sugar, and if desired a few drops of red food coloring. Beat until mixture is smooth. Stir in crushed peppermint candy canes. Fold in whipped cream until just mixed. Spread evenly over chocolate layer. Sprinkle with more crushed candy canes if desired.
- 8Cover pan and freeze for 4 hours.
- 9This dessert can be served at room temperature or frozen. If desired, garnish each square with a peppermint candy.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppermint Cheesecake Bars
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.5
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 60.5 mg
- Sodium 146.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: