Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
minty and good.
- 158.51 ml margarine
- 395.10 ml sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 473.18 ml flour
- 158.51 ml cocoa
- 6.16 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 314.66 ml water
- 118.29 ml crushed peppermint candy
- Combine margarine, sugar, eggs and vanilla in large mixing bowl.
- Beat on high for 3 minutes.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and powder and salt.
- Add alternately with water to creamed mixture.
- Blend just until combined; add candy.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured round pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Eat plain or frost with vanilla icing.
- Garnish with crushed peppermint candy.
This is really really good! My hubby had asked for this cake for his birthday cake, so I came on and it ended up being the best pick. I also had everything on hand and used crushed candy canes and it turned out SUPER!!! Thanks so much for the recipe!