1/6 Photos of Peppermint Biscotti
1 hr 10 mins
My friend Jess gave me this recipe :) I added the chocolate and increased the flour since the dough wasn't quite the right consistency. This is my favorite new additions to my Christmas cookie tray this year.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Beat in extract.
- 3Separately mix flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in 1 cup of peppermint candy.
- 4Gradually add flour and candy mixture to creamed mixture beating well until well blended. Dough will be stiff.
- 5Divide dough in half. Shape each half into a rectangle 12 x 3 inches. Carefully transfer each to baking sheet.
- 6Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Carefully remove and place on a wire rack to cool slightly, until cool to the touch but not cooled all the way through. On a cutting board cut each rectangle into 1/2 inch cookies.
- 7Place the cookies back onto the baking sheet (touching is okay) and bake for an additional 12 to 15 minutes or until firm. Let cool completely on wire rack.
- 8Melt chocolate candy coating according to package directions and dip one side of the biscotti into the chocolate and sprinkle with some of the remaining peppermint candy. Place on waxed paper until chocolate coating sets.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppermint Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (34 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.8
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 83.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: