Recipe by Candy C
If you have never tried this entree, treat yourself to a little slice of heaven!
Top Review by Ennoia
This was a very tasty recipe. I really enjoyed the intense peppercorn flavour mixed with the butter, lemon & Brandy. Unfortunately, my husband found it a little too tart for his liking...thus the middle ground rating.
- 2 -4 trimmed strip steaks, 1 inch thick or 2 -4 filet mignon steaks, 1 1/2 inch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 tablespoon coarsely crushed peppercorn
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, no substitutions
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 -4 ounces hot brandy per steak
Directions See How It's Made
- Steaks should have been out of refrigeration for at least 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle bottom of a large heavy weight skillet with the salt and preheat using high heat.
- Press the steaks into the crushed peppercorns and work it into both sides of the meat with the palm of your hand.
- When skillet is well heated, add the steaks and quickly brown each side, uncovered.
- Reduce heat to medium, turning steaks once and cooking to the desired degree of rareness (6-7 minutes per side for a medium to rare 1 1/2 inch thick filet).
- In a separate pan combine and heat the butter, lemon juice and worcestershire.
- Place cooked steaks on serving platter, pour heated butter mixture over steaks and flambe.
- To flambe: Use 1 ounce of hot (not boiling but hot) brandy per steak.
- Pour brandy over steak, light a match, and let the liquor burn out on its own.
- Serve immediately.