Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Sarah Ainley’s book, The World’s Best Recipes, Caribbean section. “This dish would be perfect for supper, served on a bed of noodles or with boiled plantains.” Prep time doesn’t include 30 minutes marinating time.
- Slice the meat into thin strips, discarding any fat or gristle.
- Sprinkle the meat with pepper and spice seasoning and set aside to marinate in a cool place for 30 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan and sauté the meat for 4-5 minutes until browned on all sides. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add the shallots and garlic to the pan, fry gently for a few minutes, then add the sherry and water and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the cream.
- Reduce heat and adjust the seasoning. Stir in the meat and heat until hot but not boiling. Serve with plantain and garnish with chives.
I had to make this pretty bland because my husband doesn't like spicy food and the jerk seasoning I picked up definitely had a bite to it. It was very easy and fast to make. ZWT9