Recipe by KathyP53
Shrimp cocktail with plenty of cocktail! Yummy, peppery, martini-esque sauce with fresh shrimp.
- 1 lb large raw shrimp, in the shell deveined (about 16 shrimp)
- 1⁄2 lemon, cut into fourths
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup bottled chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon peppered vodka
Directions See How It's Made
- Add Old Bay and lemon pieces to a large pot of boiling water. Add shrimp, return to boil, cover immediately, and remove from heat. Let sit for 5 minutes. Using slotted spoon, remove shrimp immediately to a bowl of ice water. Peel shrimp when cool and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Mix remaining ingredients together in a small bowl. Place a small amount of finely shredded, chilled, lettuce in the bottom of 4 stemmed martini glasses. Spoon cocktail sauce into glasses over lettuce. Hang 4 shrimp on rim of each glass. Garnish shrimp and top of sauce with a sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper.