Recipe by Jewelies
For us Mussels are a cheap, delicious meal.
Top Review by chia
this makes a quick delicious dinner. i used half white wine and half water to simmer the mussels. it's too cold here to use the grill so i put the mussels under the broiler for a few minutes. the vinegary green peppercorns lemon and butter made a wonderful sauce.
- 1 kg mussels
- 1 cup wine or 1 cup water, for steaming
- 80 g butter
- 2 tablespoons canned green peppercorns in brine, drained and chopped coarsely
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, finely grated
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub mussels, remove beards. Steam mussels in a large saucepan of boiling water or wine, uncovered until mussels open. Discard any that do not open. Remove and discard half of each shell.
- Combine butter, peppercorns and lemon rind. Spread evenly over mussel meat in each shell.
- Cook mussels, uncovered on a heated BBQ until heated through.
- Just before serving sprinkle with parsley.