Recipe by mishelle
I found this on Webmd, I think. It is a great meat and potatoes kind of meal. Marinate the meat before you get started.
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 (1 lb) flank steak, trimmed
- 4 1⁄2 cups cubed yukon gold potatoes (about 1 1/2 lb)
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon seasoned pepper (such as Lawry's)
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine vinegar and steak in a large zip-top plastic bag.
- Seal bag, and marinate in refrigerator 30 minute.
- While steak marinates, place potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with water; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Return potatoes to pan.
- Add buttermilk, butter, chives, and 3/4 tsp salt; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Keep warm.
- Preheat broiler.
- Remove steak from bag; discard marinade.
- Sprinkle steak with 1/4 tsp salt and seasoned pepper.
- Place steak on broiler pan coated with cooking spray; broil 6 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices.