Recipe by :)Shirl(:
This is a nice difference from baked potatoes and makes a very good tasty side dish. Taken from the drawer of my mother in laws recipe box.
Top Review by Learning the Ropes
These are the bomb. A nice change of pace for potatoes. They were not too spicy, but had a real nice mildly hot kick to it. Next time i might add more chayenne and chili powder, cuz i like my stuff pretty hot, but feel that it has perfect heat for most people. Thanks alot for the recipe!!!!
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded*
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine potatoes and onions.
- Mix together butter and spices, drizzle over potatoes and onions.
- Toss to coat.
- In a 2 quart oval with flat bottom (or something similar) dish spread half the potatoe mixture top with half the cheese repeat one more time.
- Bake 40-45 mins in 400 degree oven uncovered.
- *I did not have any pepper jack cheese but did have some peppers and jack cheese so i chopped up the peppers grated the jack cheese and subbed this for pepper jack cheese.