Recipe by JanuaryBride
A delish and fast recipe using leftover chicken from Cooking Light August 2010. I really enjoyed these made with leftover turkey breast and I am sure chicken will be just as wonderful. They say, "Give average chicken quesadillas new life with sweet peaches and spicy cheese. For the kids, try Monterey Jack instead."
Top Review by AlainaF
Wow this was very yummy. I used whole grain tortillas, cubed cooked chicken, thinly sliced peaches, and shredded pepperjack cheese, as well as the honey and lime sour cream. I didn't add cilantro, since my husband and MIL doesn't like it. Before I could take any pictures, it was gone! So good! Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT8.
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 3⁄4 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast (rotisserie)
- 1 cup thinly sliced peeled firm ripe peach
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine honey and lime juice in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Stir sour cream into honey mixture; cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Place tortillas flat on a work surface. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese over half of each tortilla; top each tortilla with 1/4 cup chicken, 1/4 cup peaches, 1 teaspoon cilantro and 1 more tablespoon of cheese. Fold tortillas in half.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Place 2 quesadillas in the pan, and top quesadillas with a cast-iron or other heavy skillet. Cook 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until tortillas are crisp and lightly browned (leave cast-iron skillet on quesadillas as they cook). Remove quesadillas from pan; set aside, and keep warm. Repeat procedure with the remaining quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla into wedges. Serve with sauce.