Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A delish and fast recipe using leftover chicken from Cooking Light August 2010. I really enjoyed these made with leftover turkey breast and I am sure chicken will be just as wonderful. They say, "Give average chicken quesadillas new life with sweet peaches and spicy cheese. For the kids, try Monterey Jack instead."
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 3⁄4 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast (rotisserie)
- 1 cup thinly sliced peeled firm ripe peach
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- cooking spray
- Combine honey and lime juice in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Stir sour cream into honey mixture; cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Place tortillas flat on a work surface. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese over half of each tortilla; top each tortilla with 1/4 cup chicken, 1/4 cup peaches, 1 teaspoon cilantro and 1 more tablespoon of cheese. Fold tortillas in half.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Place 2 quesadillas in the pan, and top quesadillas with a cast-iron or other heavy skillet. Cook 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until tortillas are crisp and lightly browned (leave cast-iron skillet on quesadillas as they cook). Remove quesadillas from pan; set aside, and keep warm. Repeat procedure with the remaining quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla into wedges. Serve with sauce.
Wow this was very yummy. I used whole grain tortillas, cubed cooked chicken, thinly sliced peaches, and shredded pepperjack cheese, as well as the honey and lime sour cream. I didn't add cilantro, since my husband and MIL doesn't like it. Before I could take any pictures, it was gone! So good! Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT8.
I saw this too in Cooking Light, my husband said it was the best quesadilla he'd ever had. I love the spicy, sweet, tart mix. Yum!