Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Penzey's, just wanted to save this one as I haven't tried it yet.
- 354.88 ml old-fashioned oatmeal
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml toasted wheat germ
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92-9.85 ml cinnamon
- 236.59 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 118.29 ml light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 118.29 ml honey
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 4.92 ml almond extract
- 118.29 ml orange juice
- 170.09 g shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, mix oatmeal, flour, wheat germ, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together at medium speed.
- While beating, add eggs, honey and vanilla and almond extracts in a steady stream.
- Beat well.
- Using a large spoon, fold ingredients into the butter/sugar mix in the following order: half the dry ingredients, half the orange juice, all the coconut, remaining juice, then remaining dry ingredients; making sure everything is fully incorporated before adding the next item.
- Pour into an ungreased 9X13 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.