Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Penzey's, just wanted to save this one as I haven't tried it yet.
- 1 1⁄2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 6 ounces shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, mix oatmeal, flour, wheat germ, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together at medium speed.
- While beating, add eggs, honey and vanilla and almond extracts in a steady stream.
- Beat well.
- Using a large spoon, fold ingredients into the butter/sugar mix in the following order: half the dry ingredients, half the orange juice, all the coconut, remaining juice, then remaining dry ingredients; making sure everything is fully incorporated before adding the next item.
- Pour into an ungreased 9X13 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.