Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of my all time favorites and it is super easy. I love zucchini and pasta dishes. Combined, it is fantastic. I will usually throw in some extra veggies; mushrooms, red peppers, onions, - whatever I have in my fridge that would be yummy.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 lb zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil and garlic on medium 2 minutes, or until garlic is golden.
- Add zucchini, salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat 6-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, al dente.
- Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water.
- Add penne and reserved cooking water to skillet.
- Add ricotta and Parmesan cheeses and marjoram.
- Toss ingredients in skillet 3 minutes over medium heat, or until sauce thickens.