A quick and simple vegetarian entree that provides starch, vegetable and protein for a balanced meal. Easy to prepare, even easier to clean up!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup pine nuts (to taste)
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pinch red chili pepper flakes (to taste)
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 (12 ounce) bag prewashed chopped romaine lettuce (or wash and chop a head of romaine lettuce)
- grated parmesan cheese, to taste
- 1In a small skillet over medium heat or on a baking sheet in a moderate oven, toast pine nuts until golden and aromatic. Stir frequently and watch closely! Set aside.
- 2In a large pot of salted, boiling water, cook penne pasta until al dente.
- 3Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium high heat, heat olive oil until shimmering.
- 4Add onion and saute until tender and just beginning to brown.
- 5Add garlic and saute for a minute or until fragrant. Do not allow garlic to brown.
- 6Add pepper flakes, salt and black pepper.
- 7Add romaine lettuce and saute until tender and wilted.
- 8Add pasta and pine nuts; toss well.
- 9Remove from heat, dish and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne With Wilted Lettuce, Pine Nuts and Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 509.9
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.3 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 10.1 g