Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Rachael Ray's pasta dish!
- 1 lb penne
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato (chopped)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream (eyeball it)
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup arugula (coarsely chopped)
- 1 cup fresh basil (torn or shredded, about 20 leaves)
- asiago cheese (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water, add the pasta and cook until al dente.
- While the pasta is working, heat the EVOO, 2 turns of the pan, in a large, deep skillet over medium heat; add the garlic, onion and sundried tomatoes and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the wine and reduce for 1 minute, then stir in the crushed tomatoes. When the tomatoes are heated through, reduce the heat to a simmer and stir in the cream. Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the tomato sauce until coated. Transfer the pasta to a platter or to individual shallow bowls and top with mounds of the arugula and basil. Pass around the cheese at the table.