2 hrs 30 mins
Chef #195447's Note:
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentis show.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl add bread crumbs, milk and mix until well combined.
- 2Mix in eggs and 1/2 cup Romano cheese and mix well.
- 3Add turkey and gently combine, being careful not to overwork the meat.
- 4Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Shape into golf-size balls.
- 6In a large skillet heat the oil over medium heat.
- 7When almost smoking, add meatballs and without moving or turning the meat allow it to brown for about 3 minutes.
- 8Turn meatballs and brown other side.
- 9Continue to cook until all sides are golden brown.
- 10Add tomato sauce and bring to a boil.
- 11Lower heat and allow meatballs to simmer for 5 minutes.
- 12Turn off heat and keep warm on stove, be careful not to overhandle the meatballs since they are soft and fragile.
- 13In a large pot, bring 6 quarts of salted water to boil.
- 14Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes.
- 15Drain pasta, do not rinse pasta with water.
- 16Remove meatballs from sauce and place in serving bowl.
- 17Pour some tomato sauce over meatballs, leaving 1 cup sauce in skillet.
- 18Place the cooked penne into the skillet with the remaining sauce and toss well.
- 19Pour pasta into a large serving bowl and serve alongside of meatballs.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne With Turkey Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (401 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 597.7
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 125.7 mg
- Sodium 1302.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 29.4 g