Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I first had this dish at the Terra Cotta Cafe in Tucson. It was actually served wih bacon and shrimp*. It is so simple to prepare and you can adjust the spiciness up or down according to the amount of peppers you add. *You can add 4 slices of thick sliced, smoked bacon, cooked & chopped along with the tomatoes. You can also top with sauted shrimp.
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper flakes or 4 chile tepins, crumbled
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces penne pasta, cooked and drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley, for garnish
- Mix the ricotta, cream and garlic together.
- Put in a pan with the tomato, cilantro and pepper flakes.
- Warm over medium heat, then add the mozarella and 2-3 Tblsp of the parmesan.
- Heat over low heat until the mozarella is melted.
- Add the cooked penne to the pan and heat gently, mixing carefully.
- Serve in wide soup bowls.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and reserved parmesan.
this was nice comfort food:) i used fresh basil instead of cilantro, and 12 oz penne, and i grated fresh parmagiano reggiano atop the individual dishes, and fresh pepper. thanks
This was delicious! I made it for us three kids this evening and there was plenty for us all. Because I was making it just out of what I had around the house; I didn't make it with cilantro or tomatoes. To make up for that I added the parsley in for the cilantro. Also, after it had been served we added some more cheese which helped make it gooier and delicious! Thanks for an easy, delicious meal!
Very delicious comfort food!!!!! I used the cilantro, but maybe next time I'll try the basil!