Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A wonderful healthy pasta dish, perfect for quick weeknight meals.
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato, without oil
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 ounces cooked garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 6 ounces uncooked penne, cooked, hot
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- Combine tomatoes with 1 cup boiling water.
- Let stand about 20 minutes or until softened.
- Drain and chop.
- In a large bowl, combine broth, oil, vinegar and garlic.
- Add chickpeas, spinach, penne, cheese and tomatoes.
- Toss well.
- Season to taste and serve.
I made this while in "baking mode", and weighed and measured all ingredients very precisely. I think this may have been my mistake. The salad, while nice, turned out too dry for my taste, and I think I would rather have more spinach, for example, and a smaller amount of garbanzo beans. Adjusted for personal preference, however, this recipe has great potential. Sorry to be so nit-picking. Thank you for the recipe.