Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Rachael Ray. Another super easy one!
Make and share this Penne With Pumpkin Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) canpure pumpkin puree
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more
- parmesan cheese, for topping
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta cooking water.
- In the same pot, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add the onion and season with salt and pepper; cook, stirring, until softened, about 6 minutes. Stir in the pumpkin and heavy cream and bring to a boil.
- Return the pasta to the pot along with the reserved pasta cooking water and toss. Stir in the parmesan; season with salt and pepper.
- Top the pasta with the parsley and more parmesan.