Recipe by Indiana Debbie
From the weight watchers site. Six points per serving We really enjoyed this and I am putting it here for safekeeping. When I make it again I will use a larger sized can of tomatoes for more sauce.
- cooking spray
- 2 green peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 lb spicy Italian turkey sausage
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes
- 3 cups cooked whole wheat penne
- 6 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set pan over medium high heat. Add green peppers, garlic, onion, and mushrooms. Cook, stirring frequently, until almost tender, about 7-8 minutes.
- Remove turkey from casings; add to skillet and cook until no longer pink. Add spices and tomatoes. Simmer about 5 minutes.
- Serve over cooked pasta. Sprinkle with cheese. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.