Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Favorite Pasta Dish of The Late Night Host Jimmy Fallon-from Boston based chef Michael Schlow
- 8 ounces penne
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup diced pancetta or 1⁄2 cup bacon, cooked but not drained
- 1⁄2 cup thin sliced onion
- 1 pinch chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 pinches kosher salt (large pinches)
- fresh pepper, 2 grinds
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add Penne and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large saute pan. Add garlic and saute until golden. Add pancetta (or bacon) along with its juices and onions. Saute for 3-4 minutes or until onions are soft. Add rosemary, salt, black pepper and crushed red pepper and stir for 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and simmer for 6-7 minutes. Swirl butter into sauce.
- Add drained pasta to sauce and cook over low heat for 2 minutes or until sauce is slightly absorbed by the pasta.
- Sprinkle in parsley and cheese. Toss together and serve.