Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Food Network it's a Barefoot Contessa recipe. This recipe comes from George Germon and Johanne Killeen and their wonderful cookbook Cucina Simpatica.
- kosher salt
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes, in thick tomato puree
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated pecorino romano cheese (1 1/2 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded imported italian fontina (1 1/2 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled italian gorgonzola (1 1/2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 lb imported penne rigate
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/2 stick)
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- Bring 5 quarts of salted water to a boil in a stockpot.
- Combine all the ingredients except the penne and butter in a large mixing bowl. Mix well. Drop the penne into the boiling water and parboil for 4 minutes. Drain well in a colander and add to the ingredients in the mixing bowl, tossing to combine. Divide the pasta mixture among 6 shallow ceramic gratin dishes (1 1/2 to 2 cup capacity). Dot with the butter and bake until bubbly and brown on top, 7 to 10 minutes.