Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was borne of desperation. I had limited ingredients on hand and a hungry trio of kids (ages 8, 8, and 5) to feed. This got rave reviews (one of my daughters asked why I made such a "fancy" dinner. LOL) and after feeding our family of five, we still had some leftovers for lunch. Very easy, reasonably healthy, and yummy... my kind of dinner!
- Boil pasta per package directions.
- While pasta is boiling, heat oil in very large skillet over medium heat.
- Chop sausage into bite-size pieces. Add to skillet. Stir.
- Add onion powder, garlic powder, ginger powder, salt and pepper. (ALL AMOUNTS FOR SPICES ARE APPROXIMATE -- I just gave a few shakes of each until it smelled good. For the record, I would have used fresh onion, garlic, and ginger if I'd had any!).
- Cook until sausage is heated through.
- Add bag of spinach. (Next time, I may use 2 bags, but this is what I had in the fridge.).
- Stir to combine flavors well. Put lid on pan if desired to speed up cooking time. Cook until spinach is wilted.
- Drain pasta when ready and add to skillet. Stir to combine flavors.
- Serve and enjoy!
I was looking for a creative way to use some mango sausage and found this great recipe! My kids and hubby loved it! I added more olive oil, a little water, the juice of one lemon (I should have added the zest, too), some chili powder, and a little honey. Then, we topped it with a little grated gruyere. Yum!