Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe source: local newspaper
- 1 lb whole wheat penne
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) canwhite cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups arugula leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add the pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat heat the oil and then add the garlic; sauting until it starts to brown.
- Stir in beans.
- Stir in cooked pasta and then add the argula and chile flakes; continue to cook for a minute or so longer or until heated through.
- Put mixture in a large bowl and sprinkle with the cheese. Toss to combine.
This has all of the ingredients that we love, but it tends to be rather dry. I followed the recipe precisely and had to add some chicken broth for a little moisture. We had this along with an antipasto. This was the first time I have cooked whole wheat pasta and it wasn't bad at all. I wish I could give this more stars, but it just didn't rock my boat.