Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 9 ounces artichoke hearts, cooked
- 8 ounces fresh spinach, washed
- 1 lb penne, cooked al dente
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄8 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon, zest of, grated
- Slice about 2/3 of artichokes into small wedges; chop remainder into paste. Set aside. While pasta is cooking, saute onion and garlic in water until soft. Add oregano, salt and fresh-ground pepper.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in wine, lemon juice, spinach leaves (if desired) and reserved artichokes.
- Simmer, stirring, until spinach is wilted and all is heated through (1-3 minutes). Stir in ricotta.
- Drain pasta and add to sauce; remove from heat and add lemon zest just before serving.
This is a very good veggie dish. I went a little easy on the spinich though.
This recipe was a too low fat for us, but I needed to use up some artichokes. I adjusted it by using olive oil and more ricotta. It was delicious!! I made a frittata with some of the leftovers.