Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple and delicious.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups sliced white button mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, slivered
- 1 -2 slice prosciutto, fat trimmed, cut into thin slivers
- 16 ounces penne rigate
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1 to 1 1/2-inch diagonal pieces
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons slivered fresh basil leaves
- Heat the oil in a large skillet until hot.
- Add in the mushrooms; cook, stirring, over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Add in the garlic, salt, and pepper to taste; cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the prosciutto; stir to blend; remove from heat.
- Cook the penne in plenty of boiling salted water according to package directions until al dente; add in the asparagus and cook 2-3 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Add the penne and asparagus to the skillet; stir to coat with mushroom mixture.
- Add in the mozzarella and PR cheese; toss.
- Sprinkle with basil; serve immediately.