Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A recipe from a French recipe website. Posted for ZWT 5.
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 12 ounces broccoli
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 slices prosciutto
- 1⁄4 cup feshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- - Heat the pine nuts in a pan (no grease) for a few minutes (they'll get dry and more crunchy)
- - Cut the Prosciutto slices in small strips.
- - Peel and mince the onion ; fry it in 2 Tbs. olive oil
- - Prepare the broccoli in very small bunches; boil them in salted water for 5 minutes.
- - Boil the pasta in salted water and strain them when they are still a little firm; spread 1 Tbs.of olive oil and mix.
- - In the onion pan, pour the pasta and broccoli and add pepper; saute for
- 2 minutes (turn gently) then spread with the prosciutto and pine nuts.
- - Serve right away with the parmesan cheese on the table.
- Hint : you may choose to put the parmesan in the pasta before the pine nuts and ham and turn. I prefer to do that because the parmesan cheese melts better in the dish when it is done.