Recipe by ladywisconsin
I really love cooking and eating this recipe. It is sure to impress and satisfy.
Top Review by Butterbug
yummy I just used breakfast saugage and omitted the beef and used cottage cheese and chedder cheese instead and it was very very good I also added two stalks of celery and 1/2 green pepper and omitted the red pepper and still turned out great
- 1 lb penne pasta, cooked as directed
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (28 ounce) jars pasta sauce
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 3 -4 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 4 -5 tablespoons ricotta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in large skillet, drain.
- Cut hot italian sausages into 4-5 pieces, brown in skillet, remove.
- Add enough butter to the pan to saute green peppers, red peppers and onion. Season with salt and pepper. Saute 5 minutes.
- Add garlic to pepers and onions.
- When garlic is fragrent, add ground beef, hot italian sausages, basil, oregano and pasta sauce.
- Fold in penne pasta and ricotta cheese, transfer to two greased 8x8 baking dishes.
- Top with Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400F until cheese is melted and browned.
- Serve with garlic bread, enjoy!