1 hr 5 mins
I really love cooking and eating this recipe. It is sure to impress and satisfy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb penne pasta, cooked as directed
- 3/4 lb ground beef
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (28 ounce) jars pasta sauce
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 3 -4 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 4 -5 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 1Brown ground beef in large skillet, drain.
- 2Cut hot italian sausages into 4-5 pieces, brown in skillet, remove.
- 3Add enough butter to the pan to saute green peppers, red peppers and onion. Season with salt and pepper. Saute 5 minutes.
- 4Add garlic to pepers and onions.
- 5When garlic is fragrent, add ground beef, hot italian sausages, basil, oregano and pasta sauce.
- 7Fold in penne pasta and ricotta cheese, transfer to two greased 8x8 baking dishes.
- 8Top with Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- 9Bake at 400F until cheese is melted and browned.
- 10Serve with garlic bread, enjoy!
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne Pasta With Hot Italian Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (665 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1354.5
- Calories from Fat 602
- Total Fat 66.9 g
- Saturated Fat 27.2 g
- Cholesterol 174.7 mg
- Sodium 3410.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 120.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.0 g
- Sugars 33.0 g
- Protein 67.8 g