Recipe by lazyme
Not sure where I got this recipe, but it's easy and tasty. Plan ahead as you need to marinate the red peppers in vodka for 24 hours.
Top Review by Lavender Lynn
This was delicious. I followed the ingredients exactly except I didn't put in the red peppers because they are too spicy for me. I also cooked it a little different. I added the vodka to the cream mixture so the actual alcohol would simmer out and just leave the flavor. Made for Photo Ttag 07
- 2 dried red peppers
- 3⁄4 cup vodka
- 2 2⁄3 cups whipping cream
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 lb penne
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak red peppers in vodka for 24 hours.
- Combine cream, butter and tomatoes in heavy large saucepan. Simmer until reduced by 1/3, about 12 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and add to sauce. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Discard red peppers, and add vodka to pasta.
- Simmer until sauce thickens, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes. Mix in 3/4 cup Parmesan and parsley.
- Serve immediately, passing additional Parmesan and pepper separately.