Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
quick easy and dramatic- watch your eyebrows:)
- 1 lb whole wheat penne
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped plum tomato
- 1⁄2 cup vodka
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1 cup heavy cream
- in lge pot boil penne til al dente, set aside.
- in skillet: heat oil, saute tomatoes.
- remove from heat and add vodka, return to heat and tip skillet so vodka ignites.
- shake pan until flame dies.
- add paprika, cream, salt, pepper, cook until thickened.
- add pasta and toss well.
This is such a simple and delicious dish. This was the first time we had whole wheat pasta, and really didn't care for it as much as our regular Barilla penne. I'm looking forward to making this again, but will not use the whole wheat penne. The flavors were awesome, they really blended so nicely together. Thanks Chia
What a wonderfully easy pasta dish. I made this as a side dish for our dinner tonight and served with leftover Christmas ham. Unfortunately I couldnt get any whole wheat penne so used the plain kind. The vodka and paprika give it a great flavour, and the colour is lovely. Thank you for sharing.