Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A simple, yet thoroughly satisfying pork and mushroom dish.
- 2 large pork steaks
- 3 medium onions
- 250 g mushrooms
- 3 carrots
- 1 liter Knorr vegetable soup mix
- 100 g plain flour
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
- Chop the carrots into small dice and cook in a microwave or on the stove in water for 10-15 minute.
- Chop the onions quite small and fry them in half the oil for 5 minute.
- Add the mushrooms and fry for 10 minute.
- Add the carrots to the onions/mushrooms and continue to stir fry.
- Make up the packet soup and add to the onions.
- Chop the pork into small cubes, roll in the flour until well coated.
- Heat remaining oil in second fry pan and fry the pork, a few at a time until they start to scorch.
- Add the pork to the onion mixture and cook on medium until the soup starts to thicken.
- Add seasoning and Tabasco.to taste.
- Serve with some mashed potatoes or rice.