Recipe by kit in NO
Good for poultry. I have no idea where my aunt Shirley got this recipe, but it's been in the family at least 75 years.
- 1 lb butter
- 1 lb light brown sugar
- 6 ounces Worcestershire sauce
- 6 ounces yellow mustard
- 16 ounces white vinegar
- 3 large lemons, cleaned
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter over medium to low heat until completely melted.
- Add brown sugar and stir with a whisk.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and mustard and blend thoroughly.
- Slowly add vinegar while stirring with a whisk.
- Cut lemons in half and remove seeds. Squeeze into sauce and stir.
- Drop lemon halves into sauce.
- Continue to cook for about 45 minutes until lemons are soft.
- Keep warm while brushing on chicken.
- The sauce freezes exceptionally well (even with the lemons in it).