Recipe by lucchef
I came up with this recipe when I was living in Johnson City, Texas. It has a wonderful sweet and spicy flavor and a very traditional southern American flavor as well, as it is inspired by chicken salad. ENJOY!
- 4 cups roasted chicken pieces, shredded
- 4 slices pineapple
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, diced
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons horseradish
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- 4 green onions
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl whisk together mayo, horseradish, salt and white pepper to make a sauce and place into a squeeze bottle or a plastic sandwich bag with a small cut in the corner.
- Roast the pineapple slices with the sugar on top until browned.
- Mix the walnut with the chicken as well as a little salt to taste.
- Place 1 pineapple piece on each plate with the browned side up and place 1 tightly packed cup of chicken in the center of the pineapple slice.
- Drizzle the sauce over each plate of chicken and place the onion atop the chicken horizontaly.