Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great dish for those on a tight budget. This is strictly for the chili lover... tasty and filling!
- 2 cups macaroni, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili (no beans)
- 1 (12 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook macaroni and drain.
- In a large skillet melt butter.
- Add green pepper and onion.
- Cook until tender, but do not brown.
- Add chili, corn, seasoned salt and pepper.
- Simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cooked macaroni; top with cheese.
- Cover and heat on low for 5 minutes.
Great easy to fix recipe. I love how the flavors of the corn, onion and chili work together. Thanks for the keeper.
since were only two of us, i only fixed half of the recipe.still, with only fixing half, i still ended up with enough for 6 servings.i left out the green peppers since they disagree with my SO.very minimal prep and cook time,which i really liked.i think next time i might add a little garlic powder when i cook the onions. thank you for posting.
This is a really simple recipe, but its VERY good. Perfect for after work when you just don't want to cook. The macaroni can even be cooked the night before to make it even quicker. I recommend this to anyone.